Gas Fire Table


Bahama Gas Fire Table - VIEW NOW

Outdoor Fires Range

Check out our new Exclusive Outdoor Fires Range

Fireplace Baskets

Safety Information for Bioethanol Fuel

Safety and Bioethanol Fuel

Ethanol Fuel is highly flammable and presents real danger when not used in direct compliance with the equipment.

Ethanol Fuel should ONLY be handled by adults, NEVER by children.

To ensure safe use you must carefully read and adhere to all the manufacturer instructions. These instructions should be kept for reference and provided to ANYONE planning to use Ethanol Fuel in a burning device (equipment).

The Safety Data Sheet for EkoFuel bioethanol fuel is available here.  


do not pour into a hot burner or flames


Do not store Ethanol Fuel in direct sunlight, or allow to become heated: always keep in a dry cool area.

Dispose of unused contents and empty bottles in accordance with local regulations for hazardous materials.

Ethanol vapors are heavier than air. Vapors may settle in low or confined areas, or travel long distances along a surface to an ignition source where they may ignite or flashback. Dangerous amounts of vapor can be created when refilling a hot burning device. Flame may be nearly invisible; approach fire with caution and be certain that fire is out. Do not open bottle in presence of a flame or ignition source. BURNING DEVICES MUST BE ALLOWED TO COOL DOWN COMPLETELY TO THE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE BEFORE REFILLING.

Ethanol Fuel, when not used correctly and safely can cause serious burns, destruction of property, or even death.


Highly Flammable Extremely Dangerous if not handled according to instructions. Keep out of reach of children. Fuel may burn with nearly invisible flame. Never refill a hot burner! Allow full cool down before refueling. Always follow equipment manufacturers’ instructions and safety recommendations.

In case of fire: Use carbon dioxide or dry chemical fire extinguisher. Do not use water jet for extinction.


Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container tightly sealed and in a dry cool place out of direct sunlight. Do not ingest. Avoid contact with eyes.

Wear eye protection and gloves. Wash hands thoroughly after handling.


Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well-ventilated area. Avoid all possible sources of ignition. Keep out of the reach of children.


IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: get medical attention/advice.

Skin: Rinse exposed area well with water and wash with soap. If irritation persists, consult a physician or dermatologist.

Ingestion:.Do not induce vomiting..Not suitable for human consumption. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately and show the container or label.

Inhalation: Immediately move victim to fresh air. In case of breathing difficulties, administer artificial respiration. If there is no immediate improvement, seek medical assistance.

More information on the storage and handling of flammable liquids is also available on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) website:

HSE guidance on storage of flammable liquids

HSE guidance on safe use and handling of flammable liquids